Have you recently purchased a home that needs some landscaping TLC? Are you planning to sell and looking for exterior staging ideas to make your home more appealing to potential buyers? In a recent article by Houselogic.com, Stacy Freed outlines five easy-care landscaping ‘hacks” to create a beautiful, low-maintenance yard that will thrive in any climate.
- Add a water feature: The latest trend in water features is the “pondless” variety, which is a waterfall with an underground reservoir. The circulating water will not evaporate or become a stagnant, mosquito-attracting nightmare.
- Fill your yard with local plants suited for your particular climate. Every region of the United States has particular plants that have adapted for that climate. Whether you live in a drought-prone area like the Southwest, a hot, humid climate like the Southeast, or a cooler, Northern climate, there are plants that will thrive in your region.
- Hardscaping: Patios, gravel paths, fire pits and stone walls not only reduce the amount of grass that requires regular watering, they are beautiful and functional as well! As an added bonus, the National Association of Realtors’ Remodeling Impact Report: Outdoor Features states that these types of hardscape features are among the top ten home improvement projects for appealing to buyers and adding resale value to your home.
- Turf is Terrific: Artificial grass has come a long way in recent years. These days, there are several turf options that look and feel like real grass, but do not require watering or mowing. Just be sure to consult a professional turf installer to make sure you have a proper base for installation, and that turf is right for your particular situation.
- Cacti and Succulents: To add color, texture and visual interest to your landscaping without a lot of additional maintenance and watering requirements, cacti and succulents may be the way to go. While they are native to the Southwest, some varieties are hardy enough to grow as far North as Canada!
To read the complete article on Houselogic.com, click the link below.
Are you searching for a real estate professional to help you buy or sell a home? Our expert Oceans Luxury Sales team is here to help you find your perfect home, or sell your existing home for the best price. Call 386-236-3700 or visit our sales office at 3162 S Atlantic Avenue in Daytona Beach Shores.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independent verified. Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
The source of the listing data is as follows:
Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS (updated 7/22/18) , My Florida Regional MLS (updated 7/22/18)